Vicar : Onamkulam John
Asst. Vicar : Vettuvayalil Mathew
Address : Velimanam P.O
Pin : 670 704
Phone Number : 04902 454554
Velimanam (originally Keezhpparambum Chola) is a small village 12 km from Iritty, a migrant hub in Kannur district, Kerala, India.
Remnants of neolithic civilization exist in and around the village. The indigenous people of the area- Paniyas, Malayalars, and Kurichyas- have lived there since ancient times. Keezhppally, Meppally, and other places exhibit the Buddhist past of the area, which is within the Coorg region of Karnataka. The history of modern-day Velimanam started with the migration of Syrian Christians from Travencore from the late 1940s until the 1970s.
The establishment of Sree Ramananda Vilasam School in 1950 by the late M. Kunhiraman was the first attempt at modernization of the community. Fr. Joseph Kanjirakkattukunnel, Fr. Francis Valayil, and Rev. Mullanmada also established schools and other religious institutions in the village. In 1954, St. Sebastian Church was founded, and the village was renamed Velimanam by the late Devasia Koothanadiyil and Mathew Adakkamundayil.
The village now hosts St. Sebastian Higher Secondary School, a high school, two banks, a post office, Krishi Bhavan, and a village extension office